British Association of Pharmaceutical Physicians
Your personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To enable us to provide membership services
• To administer our membership records;
• To allow us to fulfill membership requests;
• To complete event registrations;
• To inform the members of news, events
• To provide the BrAPP Careers Service.
Who are we?
The British Association of Pharmaceutical Physicians (BrAPP) is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
BrAPP complies with its obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We’ll only send communications to you if you agree to receive them and we will never share your information with organisations for use in marketing.
However, there are some communications that we need to send. These are essential to fulfil our promises to you as a member of our association.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
Your data protection rights
The British Association of Pharmaceutical Physicians is using your personal data on the basis of your explicit consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will never share your data with third parties outwith BrAPP.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for the duration of your membership.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which BrAPP holds about you;
- The right to request that BrAPP corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for BrAPP to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact the Data Protection Officer at The British Association of Pharmaceutical Physicians, Royal Station Court, Station Road, Twyford, RG10 9NF or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.